Who is Meerkat Mail?
Meerkat mail is a SMTP server (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) the creating, installing and using a reliable SMTP server is crucial when sending mass emails like newsletters.
How does Meerkat Mail work?
You receive mail credits to send bulk email the vehicle you use for the credits is your choice. You need to have a place to store your database and to setup your settings this can be found when you login to Meerkat Mail. Another way of understanding this concept is buying airtime and using a phone to use the airtime. You are in control of how to use the airtime this concept also happens with Meerkat Mail. We cannot manage your clients or credits or campaigns this is your marketing campaign to manage and ensure that you are maximising your credits.
What Happens when you send out an Email?
The process of email delivery is similar to a classic email, an organised system takes care of your envelope and through a series of steps it drops it off to your recipient. The SMTP (Meerkat Mail) acts like the postman.
What is the hosting for?
When Meerkat Mail designs a flip-book edition of a Catalogue, Magazine and Company Profile you need to host it on the web. There are two options to choose from:
- Self hosting where you host your flipbook on your website e.g – http://www.roydon.co.za/magazine or;
- Meerkat Mail will do the hosting and setup for you at R495 with renewal options available e.g – http://www.meerkatmail.co.za/roydon/magazine
What is a Flip-book?
A Flip-book is an interactive, animated digital online publication which is view-able on any devices including PC, Mac, iPad/iPhone/iPod, Android, Windows Phone and Windows 8 tablets and other mobile devices.
A Flip-book has the ability to automatically import hyperlinks from your PDF. You can also manually insert links, including internal/external links, goto page links, play audio links, play video links, display image links, show message links etc etc.
What email software clients can I use?
The following is a list of email software clients that Meerkat Mail will send to you when you Log in as a client.
- Sendblaster (recommended)
- Microsoft Windows Outlook 2007
- Mircrosoft Windows Outlook Express 6.0
- Microsoft Windows Live Mail 2009
- Microsoft Windows Mobile 6
- Mozilla Thunderbird
- Apple Mail 3 x
- Apple iphone – iPod touch
Why is Sendblaster recommended?
SendBlaster is a bulk email software for email marketing it is the best software for sending newsletters that provides a complete set of features that allow you to easily manage every aspect of an email marketing campaign. Creating their own graphic templates, list management, sending the newsletter via Meerkat Mail analyzing campaign statistics have never been easier to manage.
What is a Soft & Hard Bounced email?
It’s a message sent to a recipient whose incoming server has refused: so even if the email has been correctly sent out, it has not been delivered.
- Soft bounce is “temporary”: the email is rejected because the server is down, the recipient’s inbox is full, or there’s an auto-reply activated.
- Hard bounce, on the contrary, is permanent: the incoming email cannot be delivered because the address is invalid or non-existent, or your outgoing server has been blocked.
Meerkat Mail dashboard allows you to get real-time statistics about all bounced emails and to export this and other reports in a spreadsheet.
How to Manage Bounce, Spam and Unsubscribe
Keeping your email list clean (composed only by active addresses) is essential to enhance your delivery rate. That is why Meerkat Mail offers a complete range of tools that will help you to do so: a bounce, spam and unsubscribe tracking system.
On our advanced dashboard you will keep track of all this issues, address by address, with a handy real-time feed:
Meerkat Mail suggests the following to avoid Spam
- Write a light, coherent and compelling content. The maximum weight of an email should be around 90Kb. Don’t exceed with images and keep a good balance between them and pure text.
- Always provide a direct unsubscribe link in the footer. So that the user can opt out easily from your newsletter, without labelling it as spam (which will hurt your deliverability). Also, write short subjects without abusing of critical words like “free”, “click here” or “cash”.
- Use a professional SMTP service like Meerkat Mail, that will send your messages using only IPs with a high reputation (that is, only reliable protocols: not shared with spammy users or that risk to end up in a blacklist).
- Always send emails to a permission-based list. Never buy databases or collect addresses casually on the web: your communication should always be directed to people who opted in.
What is real time click and open tracking?
Meerkat Mail dashboard provides a real-time, accurate statistics of clicks and openings – giving you both the general rates and the status of each recipient, allowing you to know every time who and when the recipient has interacted with your email: